Servings: 4 (click to scale)
- 2 ea. green plantains
- 2 tsp capers
- 2 ea. avocados
- 1 ea. lemon
- 12 ea. Italian parsley leaf
- 1 ea. garlic cloves
- 1 oz. red onion
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tsp Montreal steak rub
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers
- 1Peel and slice plantains into 1" disks. Deep fry at 350°F for 2-3 minutes, until golden brown. Remove and drain off excess grease. Smash each disk to flatten and deep fry again for 2-3 minutes. Remove, let cool and reserve.
- Strain capers, pat dry and flash fry for about 1 minute. Remove, pat dry and reserve.
- Peel and remove pit from avocado, add to mixing bowl.
- Cut lemon in half, make wedges with one half (reserve) and juice the other half between two students in the bowl.
- Dice onion and add to bowl.
- Chop parsley, roasted garlic and roasted red pepper, add parsley and garlic to bowl, not the roasted pepper.
- Add the steak seasoning and fresh ground black pepper and mash all of the ingredients with a fork until avocado is broken down and ingredients are combined.
- Fold in chopped roasted red pepper.
- Place guacamole on a plate or bowl. Sprinkle the reserved steak seasoning and capers on top and serve with the plantain chips.
Serving Size: ½ cup plantain chips, ½ cup guacamole
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 192kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1.5g | Sodium: 578mg | Fiber: 7g