We aren’t sure what we love most about Grilled Scallion, Farro, Mint Salad. The colors, so at contrast and yet all the more beautiful. The depth of flavors, starting with a deep miso, finishing with bright mint and lemon, layering more in the space between. Maybe we love the texture most – chewy farro, crispy carrots, and slippery scallions. Or the fact that it’s satisfying and filling, but sits light at the very same time. Maybe what we love most about Grilled Scallion, Farro, Mint Salad is that there is so much to love.
- 8 ounces fresh scallions
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp white miso paste
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 pound cooked farro
- 1/4 cup fresh mint chopped
- 1 cup edamame
- 1 cup fresh carrot matchstick cut
- Preheat grill and coat with with non-stick cooking spray. Cook scallions until charred and soft. Let cool. Remove the roots and slice into 1” pieces.
- Meanwhile, prepare dressing in a large bowl. Whisk together lemon juice, lemon zest, oil, miso paste, and black pepper until combined.
- Add scallions, cooked farro, mint, edamame, and carrots and toss until evenly coated.