Marinated flank steak stir fried with mushrooms and green onions with sweet soy garlic sauce.
Servings: 4 (click to scale)
- 8 oz flank steak
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 10 oz fresh button mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh fresno red chili peppers sliced thin
- 4 oz fresh red bell peppers julienne sliced
- 4 oz fresh green onions cut into 2" pieces
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
Sweet Garlic Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 3/4 tsp fresh garlic cloves peeled, minced
- 3/4 tsp cornstarch
- 3/4 tsp water
- Slice steak 1/4 inch thick. Combine sauce ingredients but do not cook. Pour 2 Tbsp sauce over beef; mix well with gloved hands. Marinate for 2 hours to overnight.
- Place a wok or skillet on burner and heat until very hot, almost smoking, add 1 tbsp oil and twirl in hot pan.
- Add marinated sliced beef, stir and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, chilies, peppers, remaining sauce and green onions. Cook for additional 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 270kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 2.5g | Sodium: 510mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g