Go ahead and do a trial run if you must, but we promise you’ll be making our recipe for rich, velvety Chocolate Hummus for all your party and personal needs.
Servings: 7 (click to scale)
- 3 3/4 ounces dried garbanzo beans
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips semi sweet
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp skim milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Soak garbanzo beans overnight. Cover garbanzo beans with water and cook until very tender (beans should be starting to split). Drain and set aside.
- Melt chocolate chips over a double boiler.
- In a food processor, combine cooked garbanzo beans, melted chocolate, cocoa, maple syrup, skim milk, salt, and vanilla. Process until smooth.
Dietitian Note: Pair with fresh fruit This recipe originally appeared on the FLIK Blog.
Calories: 140kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 105mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 14g