Servings: 6 (click to scale)
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 lb fresh eggplant
- 4 oz fresh shallots peeled
- 5 cloves fresh garlic
- 2 ea fresh anaheim chili peppers
- 2 spray cooking spray
- 1/2 bunch fresh scallions
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp pre-toasted sesame seeds
- 8 oz fresh cucumbers peeled and sliced
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- In a shallow hotel pan, combine shallots (cut in half only) and garlic cloves. Spray lightly with pan spray and add water. Cover tightly and roast in 425°F oven until vegetables are soft and slightly browned. Stir once or twice during the roasting, about 15 to 20 minutes. Place in bowl.Pierce whole eggplant with a fork. Place whole eggplant and whole Anaheim chilies on a medium hot grill and cook until the center of the eggplant is tender and the chilies are charred on the outside. Turn several times during the grilling. Don't under cook. Eggplant pulp should be very soft and creamy. Allow eggplant to cool. Cut in half and scoop soft pulp (discarding the skin) into a bowl with roasted garlic.Remove chilies and cover with plastic, allow to cool, then peel and seed. Place in bowl with eggplant.
- Using a food processor, place eggplant, chilies, shallots, garlic, green onions, cilantro, mint, lime juice and salt in bowl. PULSE ONLY a few times to rough chop the salad; do not puree. Place dip in serving bowl. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and serve with sliced cucumber
Calories: 60kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 0.5g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Sodium: 50mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g
Tried this recipe?Mention @We.Eat.Live.Do.Well or tag #WeEatLiveDoWell!