These granola bars are full of oats, almonds, sunflower seeds and wheat germ with cinnamon and molasses. A delicious and filling snack or a healthy grab-and-go breakfast! Substitute in any dried fruit. Grinding the fruit helps the binding. Molasses can be substituted with any honey or maple syrup.
- 1.5 cups old fashioned oats dry
- ¾ cups sunflower seeds
- ¾ cups almonds sliced or silvered
- ½ cup wheat germ
- 1 cup golden raisins
- ½ cup dark molasses
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 spray cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 300F. Place rolled oats, sunflower seeds, sliced almonds and wheat germ on a pan and roast for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and fragrant. Remove from the oven and place into a bowl.
- Place half the raisins in food processor until ground and sticky. Add all the raisins to bowl with oatmeal and seed mixture and mix to combine evenly.
- Place the molasses and brown sugar into a pot and bring to a simmer, stir to melt the sugar. Remove from heat and add vanilla extract and cinnamon. While still hot, pour into the bowl with the oats. Stir until well combined, using a spatula.
- Spray a pan (8”X12”) with oil to prevent sticking and pour the granola mixture into the pan. Press firmly to smooth out and even the top. Using a piece of parchment/wax paper In between your hands and the granola is helpful. When cooled, flip out the granola onto a cutting board and cut into 2 oz squares, about 4X4.