Servings: 3 (click to scale)
- 1 Tbsp garlic
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper ground
- 3 oz walnut pieces
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 7 oz fresh bartlett pears
- 1 each flatbread 12X12
- 3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese shredded
- 3 oz gorgonzola cheese
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Prepare roasted garlic. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium mixing bowl toss garlic cloves with olive oil and pepper to coat. Then place garlic into a 2' x 2' piece of aluminum foil; seal edges to form a loose pouch. Place on a baking sheet and in 375 degree oven. Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes or until garlic is nicely caramelized. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, combine vinegar and honey simmer for 5 minutes. Add walnuts and pour on a sheet pan to cool.Peel, core, and dice pears into 1/4 inch cubes and set aside for next steps.
- Cut flatbread into 1/3rds and evenly brush with garlic spread (1 tsp per slice). Sprinkle each slice with 1 Tbsp of the parmesan cheese.
- Top each slice of flatbread as follows: Place 2 ounces (1/3 cup) diced pears, 1 ounce (1/4 cup) of the balsamic honey walnuts, 1 ounce of crumbled gorgonzola cheese. Bake in a 425F convection oven for 6-8 minutes until golden brown.
- Spray flatbread with a fine mist of olive oil when removed from the oven before cutting. Cut each flatbread slice in half, then each half diagonally across and serve.
Calories: 520kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 33g | Sodium: 684mg | Fiber: 5g
Tried this recipe?Mention @We.Eat.Live.Do.Well or tag #WeEatLiveDoWell!