In partnership with Oldways, we have made a variety of Mediterranean recipes available here on our website. We hope you enjoy them just as much as we do! The authentic Lebanese fattoush salad is made with pita bread and seasonal vegetables.
- 2 cups fresh romaine lettuce chopped
- 2 oz fresh radish chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh green onions chopped
- 2/3 cup fresh tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup fresh cucumbers peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh green bell peppers diced
- 1 each whole wheat pita bread
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Combine lettuce, radishes, scallions, tomato, cucumber, parsley, and green pepper in a bowl and toss gently.
- Tear pita into small bits, add to the salad, and toss again. Sprinkle the salad with lemon juice and olive oil; toss, and garnish with feta cheese.