In partnership with Oldways, we have made a variety of Mediterranean recipes available here on our website. We hope you enjoy them just as much as we do! This eggplant feta bulgur chickpea salad with pine nuts is the perfect recipe to get started with the Mediterranean diet, offering unique combinations and textures.
- 2 each fresh zucchini diced
- 1 each fresh eggplant diced
- 1.5 oz extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup bulgur wheat
- 15 oz canned garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh mint chopped
- 1 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F. Combine bulgur and water in a pot. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat to simmer and cook until tender, about 12 minutes. Drain off any excess liquid and fluff bulgur with a fork.
- Dice zucchini and eggplant into 1/2" cubes. Toss eggplant with 1/2 fl oz of oil and spread on parchment lined baking pan. Toss zucchini with 1/2 fl oz of oil and spread on parchment lined baking pan. Roast in 375F oven for 20-30 minutes until browned and fork tender. Remove from oven and chill.
- Combine vegetables, bulgur, chickpeas, mint, parsley, and feta in bowl. Drizzle with remaining 1/2 fl oz oil and lemon juice. Toss to combine and season with salt and pepper. Garnish with pine nuts (about 1 Tbsp per serving).