This unique take on a kale salad is one we’re sure you’ll enjoy! Marinating the kale with citrus juices and salt softens or ‘cooks’ the vegetable.
Servings: 9 (click to scale)
- 9 oz fresh kale tough stem removed
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 8 oz fresh gold beets
- 2 Tbsp fresh shallots peeled, minced
- 4 oz fresh red bell peppers diced
- 4 oz fresh cucumbers diced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley minced
- 5 oz fennel sliced thin
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Use dinosaur or Tuscan kale. Remove stems and chiffonade; cut into thin strips. Place in a bowl and combine with olive oil, citrus juices and salt. Toss to combine and marinate for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, cook whole golden beets, either in the oven or boil until tender. Peel and cut into strips. Add all ingredients together.
Calories: 150kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1.5g | Sodium: 190mg | Fiber: 2g
Tried this recipe?Mention @We.Eat.Live.Do.Well or tag #WeEatLiveDoWell!