We’re excited to introduce a lighter version of a beloved classic comfort dish – pot pie. Get creative by mixing and matching a variety of root vegetables for the best flavor!
You can find this recipe in our Vegetarian Meal Plan.
- 1 qt vegetable stock
- 2 cup cannellini beans drained, rinsed
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger root minced
- 1 tbsp fresh garlic cloves fresh
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 8 oz fresh white onion fresh
- 6 oz fresh carrots diced
- 6 oz fresh celery diced
- 1.5 lb fresh butternut squash 1” diced
- 1 lb fresh red bliss potatoes
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 12 oz puff pastry dough sheet
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Make your favorite no salt added vegetable stock. Add cannellini beans and puree in blender to thicken until smooth. Set aside. Heat olive oil in a pan and sauté ginger and garlic. Add curry powder and onions and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add the carrots, celery, butternut squash and potatoes (washed, unpeeled and diced); toss and sauté for a minute or two. Transfer vegetables into a casserole dish; add the thickened vegetable broth and place in a 325F degree oven until bubbly and vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Defrost frozen puff pastry in the refrigerator (at least 2 hours to overnight). Place puff pastry on a floured worked surface and cut into 3-1/2 to 4” circles. Place on a parchment paper lined pan; return to refrigerator or freezer to chill. Preheat oven for 400F degrees and bake until golden brown and crispy, 15-20 minutes. Rotate pan half way for even cooking. Just prior to serving, add chopped cilantro to stew and stir to combine; place cooked pastry on top and serve.