We’re mixing up our oats with the addition of shredded carrots and spices. A delicious twist on a classic! Mix and match with other nuts like toasted pecans or almonds. Spices are a guideline, taste and add more to your taste.
- 3 cup fresh carrots grated
- 4-1/2 cup water
- 2 cup old fashioned oatmeal cereal dry
- 6 Tbsp raisins
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 6 Tbsp walnut halves & pieces chopped
- Place grated carrots and water into a pot and simmer covered for 10 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients (except the walnutand cook another 5 minutes until oats are tender. Serve with toasted walnuts on the side.