hearty soup made with fresh corn, chiles and quinoa
Servings: 9 (click to scale)
- 2 cup red quinoa cooked
- 1 lb fresh poblano pepper
- 2 cup fresh yellow onions diced
- 2 Tbsp fresh garlic peeled, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3 lb corn
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 7 cup water
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp hot chipotle pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Cook quinoa according to package. Roast chilies in a 400F degree oven or under a broiler to char the skin evenly all over. Place chilies in a bowl and cover to steam. Peel and discard stem and seeds. Dice and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a stock pot and saute onions and garlic until onions are translucent. Add the dried oregano, salt, 2 pounds of corn kernels and cumin. Stir and cook for 2 minutes. Add water and bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes covered. Puree in a blender or with a handheld blender until smooth.
- Return soup to pot and add remaining corn kernels, cooked quinoa and diced poblanos. Season with hot sauce and garnish with cilantro.
This soup is great with fresh corn in season, but frozen corn can be substituted out of season. Just heat the corn before adding into the final step of the soup.
Calories: 250kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 0.5g | Sodium: 130mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 11g
Tried this recipe?Mention @We.Eat.Live.Do.Well or tag #WeEatLiveDoWell!