hearty soup made with fresh corn, chiles and quinoa
- 2 cup red quinoa cooked
- 1 lb fresh poblano pepper
- 2 cup fresh yellow onions diced
- 2 Tbsp fresh garlic peeled, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3 lb corn
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 7 cup water
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp hot chipotle pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Cook quinoa according to package. Roast chilies in a 400F degree oven or under a broiler to char the skin evenly all over. Place chilies in a bowl and cover to steam. Peel and discard stem and seeds. Dice and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a stock pot and saute onions and garlic until onions are translucent. Add the dried oregano, salt, 2 pounds of corn kernels and cumin. Stir and cook for 2 minutes. Add water and bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes covered. Puree in a blender or with a handheld blender until smooth.
- Return soup to pot and add remaining corn kernels, cooked quinoa and diced poblanos. Season with hot sauce and garnish with cilantro.