Orange Vanilla Overnight Oats are a citrusy, seasonal take on this trendy and nutritious breakfast. We use star anise or cloves to add some warmth to this bright recipe.
Servings: 8 (click to scale)
- 3 cups skim milk or non-dairy milk
- 5 3/4 cups old fashioned oats dry
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 each whole cloves or star anise
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 3 pounds medium oranges about 8, peeled and sectioned
- 1 cup Greek yogurt fat free plain
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- In a bowl, combine oats and milk, cover and refrigerate. Allow oats to soak overnight, not more than 15 hours.
- Combine water, orange juice, sugar, vanilla, cloves and orange zest in a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Dice oranges and add to saucepan. Cook uncovered, until tender (about 15 minutes). Remove cloves. Cool.
- In a small bowl or glass jar (at least 12 fluid ounces) layer the following: 1 cup prepared overnight oats, ¼ cup orange vanilla compote, 2 tablespoons greek yogurt.
This recipe originally appeared on the FLIK Blog.
Calories: 280kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 2.5g | Sodium: 75mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 31g
Tried this recipe?Mention @We.Eat.Live.Do.Well or tag #WeEatLiveDoWell!