Servings: 4 (click to scale)
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp sriracha hot chili sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup fresh yellow onions diced
- 2 tsp fresh garlic minced
- 2 each fresh red bell peppers
- 2 each fresh poblano pepper
- 2 each fresh fresno peppers
- For the chicken: Pre-heat oven and pre-heat grill to medium high heat. Brush chicken with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place chicken onto the grill and cook for approximately 4 minutes on each side. Place the chicken on a sheet pan and place in the pre-heated oven until it’s cooked through and the internal temperature reaches 165F degrees.
- Combine the Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, Sriracha, honey (warm for easier blending), and soy sauce together in a bowl. Stir well and set aside.
- Finely chop the peppers. Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the onions, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes, until they start to color. Reduce heat to medium low. Add the garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the bell, poblano, and Fresno peppers.
- Cook for 5 minutes until all of the peppers are cooked through. Add the liquid mixture and simmer on low heat until the liquid is evaporated by half, approximately 15 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow to cool. Serve over the chicken.
Calories: 410kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2.5g | Sodium: 600mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 34g