In partnership with Oldways, we have made a variety of Mediterranean recipes available here on our website. We hope you enjoy them just as much as we do! This chicken with almond romesco sauce is a warm and hearty entree that is sure to satisfy your cravings.
- 1/4 cup canned tomato paste
- 1-1/2 cup canned roasted red peppers drained
- 2 each fresh garlic cloves peeled
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp ground paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 24 oz boneless skinless chicken breast (4 oz)
- 3 sprays cooking oil spray
- Heat the oven to 350F. Spray a baking sheet with the oil, and then space the chicken out evenly. Place into the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked all the way through. The internal temperature should reach 165F. Remove from the oven, and allow to cool slightly before cutting into bite sized pieces.
- Add all of the ingredients into a blender (except the chicken) Process until thoroughly combined.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the Romesco sauce and chicken and stir until chicken is coated, and dish is warmed through and has reached 140F.