In partnership with Oldways, we have made a variety of Mediterranean recipes available here on our website. We hope you enjoy them just as much as we do! This cauliflower with chickpeas recipe is the perfect go-to for a quick side dish.
- 1 oz extra virgin olive oil
- 1 each fresh yellow onions chopped
- 1-1/2 cup fresh yellow squash diced
- 1 each fresh red bell peppers diced
- 2-1/2 cup fresh cauliflower chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 15 oz canned garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 14-1/2 oz canned tomatoes, no added salt diced in juice
- In large pot over medium heat, add oil. Add onion, squash, bell pepper and cook for about 5 minutes until vegetables start to soften.
- Add the cauliflower and cook 5 minutes longer. Add cumin and cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes with juice and garbanzo beans to pan and stir. Cook for 5 minutes or until cauliflower is tender and dish reaches 165F.