What better time of year to eat asparagus than spring? And this dish doesn’t shy away from it. We recommend preparing the low-waste pesto first before diving into the rest of the recipe.
Servings: 4 (click to scale)
- 4 Tbsp asparagus stem pesto
- 7 oz fresh cauliflower
- 2 cups fresh button mushrooms quartered
- 6 oz fresh asparagus
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 4 cloves fresh garlic peeled and sliced
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp shaved Parmesan cheese
- 4 tsp pine nuts
- 12 oz fettuccini pasta
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Prepare asparagus stem pesto according to the recipe and set aside. Bring 6 quarts of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta until the desired degree of doneness (about 7-10 minutes). Drain pasta and set aside.
- Cut the asparagus in half lengthwise and into 1" pieces. Cut the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces, including stems. Prepare the rest of the vegetables.In a sauté pan heat the canola oil over high heat. Add the cauliflower and sear on all sides. Add the mushrooms and brown. Add the asparagus spears and garlic cloves and sauté for 3-5 minutes. Do not burn garlic. Add the asparagus pesto and fettuccini. Mix well to coat the ingredients and to warm the pasta through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the pasta mixture evenly between dishes. Drizzle the lemon juice over the top and garnish with shaved Parmesan and pine nuts.
Portion: 4 oz pasta, 4 oz vegetables
Calories: 500kcal | Carbohydrates: 71g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2.5g | Sodium: 430mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g