Pureed carrots and apples with a yogurt dill sauce. For soup, think about apples that will work well for applesauce: sweet and soft – varieties such as Gala, Fuji and Pink Lady.
Servings: 6 (click to scale)
- 1 Tbsp solid unsalted butter
- 1 cup fresh white onion chopped
- 4 cups fresh diced carrots
- 1 Tbsp fresh garlic crushed
- 3 cups fresh apples cored and chopped
- 1 each bay leaves
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 6 oz plain yogurt fat-free
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Melt butter in a pot and sauté onions and carrots for 3 minutes. Add garlic, apples, water and bay leaf. Bring to a boil and lower the heat to simmer until the carrots are tender, about 15 minutes. Discard the bay leaf and puree soup in a blender, taking the necessary precautions, until very smooth. Season with salt and blend for a few more seconds until very smooth. Meanwhile, mix together the plain yogurt, chopped fresh dill and lemon juice.
Calories: 133kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Fat: 2.4g
Tried this recipe?Mention @We.Eat.Live.Do.Well or tag #WeEatLiveDoWell!