For this garlic parmesan hasselback zucchini recipe, we recommend cutting the zucchini every 1/2 inch to easily sneak in lots of flavor into the vegetable.
Servings: 4 (click to scale)
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh oregano chopped
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 lb fresh zucchini squash
- 1/3 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Combine oil, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Make crosswise cuts every ½ inch along each zucchini, slicing almost to the bottom but not all the way through. Gently fan the zucchini to open the cuts wider and place a small piece of Parmesan into each cut. Brush the oil mixture over the top.
- Place the zucchini on a double layer of foil and grill, without turning, until browned and tender, 16 to 18 minutes.
Portion: 1 each
Calories: 80kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 250mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.