Our Caprese Stuffed Avocado recipe is so simple and require zero cooking. Just whip up a simple caprese salad and scoop it into that avo half!
Servings: 4 (click to scale)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 fresh avocado
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 ounce fresh mozzarella diced
- 8 ounce fresh grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 1/4 cup fresh basil thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Prepare balsamic vinegar reduction: Pour balsamic vinegar into a small saucepan and bring to boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until volume reduces by half.
- Cut avocados in half. Discard pits. (DO NOT PEEL. Leave skin intact.) Cut a sliver of the skin off of the bottom of each half so that avocados sit flat, instead of tilting once they are stuffed.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, canola oil, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Brush avocados with oil and lime juice mixture. Chill avocados.
- In a medium sized bowl, toss mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil with olive oil and remaining salt and pepper.
- In each avocado half, place 1/2 cup caprese salad mixture. Drizzle each 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar reduction.
This recipe originally appeared on the FLIK Blog.
Serving: 1each | Calories: 230kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 6.5g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 4.5g | Sodium: 455mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g