Roasted beets, oranges and grilled trout tossed with arugula, walnuts, goat cheese and tarragon.
Servings: 4 (click to scale)
- 12 oz. boneless skinless trout
- 10 oz. fresh red beets about 2
- 6 cups fresh arugula
- 2 oz. goat cheese
- 8 Tbsp walnuts halves & pieces, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh tarragon chopped
- 2 each orange segments
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- Preheat a char-grill or grill pan. Spray with oil to help stop the trout from sticking. Grill the trout until the internal temperature reaches 145F degrees, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- Peel and section oranges and set aside. Roast or boil whole beets until cooked through and tender, about 45-60 minutes depending on size. Chill then peel skin and dice. Set aside. Toast walnuts until golden brown and fragrant. Set aside.
- For each salad: Toss together 1/2 cup orange sections, 1-1/2 cup lettuce, 1/2 oz. crumbled goat cheese, 1/2 oz. (2 Tbsp.) walnuts, 3 oz. cooked trout, 2 Tbsp tarragon and 2 Tbsp dressing. Plate the salad.
- In the empty bowl, add the beets and toss lightly with leftover dressing. Place beets on the salad last (this will prevent everything from turning red).
Calories: 420kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 380mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 11g