A vegetarian breakfast recipe with an egg baked inside of an avocado and topped off with fresh pico de gallo salsa.
Servings: 4 (click to scale)
- 3/4 cup tomatoes diced
- 3 Tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh white onion diced
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 each avocado
- 8 each fresh egg
- 2 sprays pan cooking spray
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Make the salsa: Mix the tomatoes, cilantro, onion, vinegar, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Prep the Avocado: Cut the avocado in half along the wide side. Remove the seed and set aside. Arrange both halves on a sheet tray against the edge to keep the avocado from tipping.
- Spray a baking sheet with pan spray and place the avocado, seed side up on the baking tray so the first cuts become a base and the avocado sits flat on the first cuts. Break an egg into each of the avocado halves.
- Place into a 400F degree oven for 10 minutes and turn once. Top each with 1 tablespoon of cheese and bake for 5 more minutes or until the egg yolk and white are firm. Top with 2 tablespoons of pico de gallo.
Serving: 2halves | Calories: 470kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Sodium: 290mg | Fiber: 12g