These baked zucchini sticks are packed with flavor and a great family-friendly recipe. Try dipping them in marinara sauce!
Servings: 4 (click to scale)
- 3 spray cooking spray
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp white cornmeal
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1-1/2 lbs fresh zucchini squash
- 2 ea egg white
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 475F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Cut the zucchini into 1/2-by-3-inch stick and beat the eggs whites.
- Combine flours, cornmeal, salt and pepper in a large sealable plastic bag. Dip zucchini in egg white and shake in the bag to coat. Arrange, not touching, on the baking sheet. Coat all exposed sides with cooking spray.
- Bake on the center rack for 10 minutes. Turn the zucchini and coat any floury spots with cooking spray. Continue to bake until golden and just tender, about 8 to 10 minutes more. Serve hot.
Portion: 6 each
Calories: 130kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Sodium: 430mg | Fiber: 4g
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.