Servings: 8 (click to scale)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 rib celery diced
- 1 each yellow onion diced
- 1 cup carrot diced
- 1 clove garlic diced
- 6 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup potato medium diced
- 1 cup dry lentils
- 16 oz. canned tomatoes, diced 1 can
- 1/2 each lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 1/2 each juice of fresh lemon
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Heat olive oil in a heavy bottom pot. Sauté celery, onions and carrots until tender. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add vegetable broth, potatoes and lentils. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, simmer and cook for 45 minutes, until lentils are tender.
- Add tomatoes, lemon zest, basil, salt and lemon juice. Simmer an additional 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Recipe originally featured in Flik blog.
Calories: 160kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 500mg | Fiber: 4g