Servings: 4 (click to scale)
- 10 oz chicken thigh, boneless, skinless
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 cup farro dry
- 4 each garlic cloves peeled, minced
- 4 each fresh egg
- 4 oz yellow onion julienned
- 4 oz freah Chinese brocolli
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 each roma tomates diced small
- 1 tsp ground white pepper
- 4 each green onions cut on a bias
- 15 cup water
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- In a medium stockpot, combine farro and water. On the stove over high heat, bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook 30-40 minutes until tender. Strain if there is excess liquid. Cool rapidly and reserve.Slice chicken in thin strips – 1/4". Hold cold and reserveRemove leaves from broccoli and tear. Bias slice stems into thin slices. 1/8". Reserve.
- Heat a heavy bottomed sauce pan over high heat for at least a minute to heat. Add oil and swirl. Once you see a wisp of smoke, add the chicken and stir fry for 1-2 minutes, until chicken is medium rare. Clear some space in the pan and crack the eggs in the middle. Break the yolks and spread the eggs around to cover the bottom of the pan. Cook until they are set, about 20-30 seconds. Break the egg up and mix it with the chicken.Stir in the broccoli, onion and garlic and cook for about 30-45 seconds. Move as needed. Add farro and carefully smash it flat in the pan without breaking the grains apart. Continue to fold and smash for about a minute until the farro clumps loosen. Add the sugar, fish sauce, oyster sauce and salt. Keep doing the circular smash and fold motion until evenly distributed.Add tomato. white pepper and green onion. Stir well to incorporate heat while the farro continues to crisp a bit.Serve immediately.
Recipe provided by Chef Jet Tila.
Calories: 700kcal | Carbohydrates: 75g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 980mg | Fiber: 8g