Umami packed oyster mushrooms add tremendous flavor to this bowl. Did you know mushrooms are a sustainable ingredient? They require minimal land to grow, the materials they are able to grow in can be composted, minimal energy is needed for growth, they require much less water than other crops, and they can be utilized from root to stem.Print Recipe Pin Recipe Save Recipe Go to My Collections
- 8 cups oyster mushrooms
- 2 tsp sriracha hot chili sauce
- 4 tsp less sodium soy sauce
- 4 tsp honey
- 4 tsp rice vinegar
- 4 tsp lime juice
- 2 tsp liquid smoke flavoring
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 4 cups jasmine rice precooked
- 2 avocados halved and sliced
- 2 tsp black sesame seeds
Garlic and Spice Roasted Broccoli
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1-1/4 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 2-1/2 tsp canola oil
- 3 Tbsp sliced fresh garlic
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp turmeric
Pickled Banh Mi Vegetablees
- 1 cup cucumbers peeled & sliced thin
- 1 cup carrots sliced thin
- ½ cup red onion sliced thin
- 5 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 5 tsp cilantro fresh, chopped
- 2-1/2 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1-1/4 cup daikon radish cut into matchstick size
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
Mushroom and Broccoli Preparation
- In a medium bowl mix together lime juice, soy sauce, sriracha, honey, rice vinegar, sesame oil and liquid smoke.
- Divide the mushrooms into equal size pieces and place them in the marinade. Allow to marinate 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 355F.
- Spread out mushrooms onto a baking sheet(s).
- In a separate bowl, toss broccoli florets with the pepper, spices, garlic, oil and salt. Spread out broccoli in a single layer on baking sheet(s). Be careful not to crown the baking sheet.
- Place mushrooms and broccoli into oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden-brown and cooked through
Banh Mi Vegetables
- Combine carrots, radish, cucumbers, and onions in a medium bowl.
- Drizzle the vinegar and seasoning over the vegetables and let sit for 10 minutes. Fold the chopped cilantro into the pickled vegetables.
- Place 1 cup of jasmine rice in the center of a large bowl. Place ½ cup cooked broccoli and ½ cup pickled bahn mi vegetables to the sides of the bowl. Then add 2/3 cup of cooked oyster mushrooms over the center of the rice. Lay avocado slices on top. Drizzle sesame seeds over the top.