This quick vegetarian chili is full of flavor with black beans, sweet potatoes and chipotle peppers for a smoky flavor. Portion into individuals servings for a quick meal!
Servings: 4 (click to scale)
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 each fresh yellow onions diced
- 4 cloves fresh garlic peeled and minced
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chipotle Chile pepper
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup fresh sweet potato peeled and diced
- 2-1/2 cup water
- 30 oz canned black beans drained and rinsed
- 14 oz canned diced tomatoes, no added salt
- 4 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add sweet potato and onion and cook, stirring often, until the onion is beginning to soften, about 4 minutes. Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, chipotle and salt and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds. Add water and bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer and cook until the sweet potato is tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add beans, tomatoes and lime juice; increase heat to high and return to a simmer, stirring often. Reduce heat and simmer until slightly reduced, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
Portion: 2 cups
Calories: 320kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 520mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 13g
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
Tried this recipe?Mention @We.Eat.Live.Do.Well or tag #WeEatLiveDoWell!