Servings: 6 (click to scale)
- 2 1/2 oz fresh spinach stems removed
- 2 lb boneless skinless trout
- 3 1/2 tsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 3/4 tsp fresh lemongrass
- 5 1/2 tsp fresh ginger root
- 3 1/2 Tbsp cooking sherry
- 3 1/2 oz fresh shiitake mushrooms stemmed and sliced
- 1 cup Hot Water
- 1 3/4 tsp granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Cut trout into 5 oz. portions. Place a flat layer of spinach on the bottom of a pan. Top spinach with trout filets. Cover and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Remove shiitake stems from shiitake mushrooms, rough chop the stems and add to small sauce pan. Slice remaining mushrooms and set aside. Add soy sauce, lemon grass, ginger, sherry, water and sugar to pan with the mushroom stems. Bring to a simmer and let steep for 10 minutes without reducing the liquid. Strain and reserve broth.
- Add sliced shiitake mushrooms to strained broth and cook on low heat just until mushrooms are tender, do not reduce the liquid. Pour sauce over the fish, arranging the sliced shiitakes on top of the fish. Cover pan with plastic wrap and foil. Steam bake at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes or to an internal temperature of 145°F.
Calories: 200kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 190mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 2g