Servings: 6 (click to scale)
- 10 1/2 oz jasmine rice
- 3 cup water
- 1 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 7 oz granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 oz fresh orange zest
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh ginger root minced
- 1 tsp cardamom ground
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon ground
- 6 oz fresh mango peeled and diced
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint chopped
- Bring rice and water to a boil in a large pot. Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Combine milk, sugar, vanilla, salt, and zest over low heat in a large pot. Stir occasionally until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Add ginger, cardamom, and cinnamon and mix thoroughly. Add cooked rice and cook until the mixture is thick and rice has absorbed most of the coconut milk, about 20 minutes.
- Place 1 cup of rice pudding into serving vessel and top with 1 ounce of mango chunks. Garnish with 1 teaspoon of mint. Serve or hold cold.
Recipe provided by The Humane Society of the United States.
Calories: 457kcal | Carbohydrates: 79g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 14g | Sodium: 91mg | Fiber: 2g