Servings: 4 (click to scale)
- 1 1/2 cup spelt uncooked
- 4 cup vegetable stock
- 3 Tbsp olive oil divided
- 2 cup fresh asparagus
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh radish thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts toasted and coarsely chopped
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Cook the spelt according to the package instructions in the vegetable stock until soft. Drain, then set it aside to cool.
- Add 1 Tbsp olive oil to a frying pan and cook the asparagus with the garlic until tender and fragrant. Set aside.
- Mix the remaining 2 Tbsp of olive oil with the lemon juice, lemon zest and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the cooked spelt, cooked asparagus and garlic, radish slices, and toasted walnut pieces. Pour the lemon dressing over the mixture and toss to coat. Divide into serving bowls and serve immediately.
Recipe provided by California Walnuts.