Servings: 8 (click to scale)
- 4 ounce spaghetti pasta whole grain dry
- 4 ounce frozen spinach chopped, thawed
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
- 4 ounce part skim mozzarella cheese shredded
- 8 each egg beaten
- 3/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh yellow onions diced
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh garlic peeled, minced
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente, about 10-15 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Place in a large bowl and mix with thawed spinach, chopped tomatoes, herbs and cheese. Set aside.
- Beat eggs, plain yogurt, salt and black pepper together in a bowl. Set aside.
- For 8 servings, heat olive oil in a 10" pan (use an oven proof pan such as cast iron) and saute onions and garlic for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add the cooked pasta/vegetable mix to the pan. Then add the egg mixture. Press gently to ensure even distribution of ingredients. Bake in a preheated 350F degree oven for 20 minutes. Sprinkle parmesan cheese and broil (if available) for color for 5-10 minutes more.
Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 350mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g