Servings: 12 (click to scale)
- 1/2 oz. fresh kale leaves
- 1/4 tsp canola oil
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup hulled pumpkin seeds
- 1/8 tsp crushed red chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 12 sprays cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cup puffed brown rice cereal
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- To make kale: Preheat oven to 275F degrees. Remove stems and cut leaves into 2" pieces. Wash well and spin dry. Toss with oil and salt. Place on a sheet pan in a single layer and bake, flipping leaves a few times until crisp, about 35-45 minutes. Once cool, crumble into 1/2" pieces and set aside.
- Then toast pepitas in a 350F degree oven until lightly toasted, about 10 minutes. Allow to cool.Meanwhile, in a pot, combine maple syrup, chili flakes, and salt. Simmer until reduced by about 25%.
- In a bowl, mix oats, puffed brown rice, kale, toasted pepitas, and maple syrup mixture. Stir until evenly mixed.Spray a sheet pan with cooking spray. Using a rubber spatula, firmly press mixture into pan and bake in a 350F degree oven until very golden brown and crisp, about 10-15 minutes. Then cut into bars.
Recipe provided by Flik.
Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 88mg | Fiber: 2g