Pan-seared salmon with savory blueberry chutney. This chutney is great on chicken or pancakes too! Don’t overcook it, you want to leave some whole fruit in the chutney.
You can find this recipe in our Gluten-Free Meal Plan.
Servings: 6 (click to scale)
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 oz fresh shallots peeled, chopped
- 1/4 tsp fresh garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger root minced
- 1-1/2 cup Fresh Blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1-1/2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 each cinnamon stick
- 1 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1.5 lb fresh salmon
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Drizzle oil into a hot pan and cook shallots, garlic and ginger. Add (rinsed) fresh blueberries and stir. Add vinegar, cinnamon stick, sugar and salt. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and serve at room temperature.
- Cut fish into 4 oz portion fillets. Rub with oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook in a pan over medium high heat, about 2 minutes per side depending on thickness. Serve each with 2 tbsp chutney.
Portion: 1 salmon fillet, 2 Tbsp chutney
Calories: 330kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 12.5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 250mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g
Tried this recipe?Mention @We.Eat.Live.Do.Well or tag #WeEatLiveDoWell!