Servings: 4 (click to scale)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp fresh garlic chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp 100% orange juice
- 1 lb fresh carrot strips
- 1/2 tsp cumin seed
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro julienned
- Heat olive oil in saute pan on medium heat. Add cumin seed and garlic and cook for 1 minute or until garlic is softened but not browned. Stir in cinnamon and cook for one more minute. Add orange juice to pan and stir to combine. Toss in carrots and cook covered over medium heat for 5 minutes. This is an important step as the steam helps the carrots coat with the spice mix.
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Pour warm carrots onto sheet pan in a single layer and bake until tender for about 20 minutes. Stir twice during the baking process. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Arrange carrots on platter. Drizzle with lemon juice, honey and julienned cilantro.
Calories: 70kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Sodium: 80mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g