This quesadilla is far from traditional with the addition of red bliss potatoes and garlic. Makes a perfect savory lunch or dinner recipe!
You can find this recipe in our A Week of Quick Dinners Meal Plan.
- 1 cup roasted tomato salsa
- 12 oz fresh red bliss potatoes quartered
- 1 fresh poblano pepper
- 3 ounce fresh yellow onion chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 4 oz pepper jack cheese shredded
- 8 tortillas corn, 6 inch
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Add quartered red bliss potatoes into a pot with cold water and bring to a boil and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain potatoes and reserve. Roast chilies in a 400F degree oven or on the grill until skin is charred, place in a bowl and cover to steam. Remove skin and seeds; chop and reserve.
- Heat oil and saute chopped onions until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and the cooked potatoes and cook for 10 minutes. Add the chopped poblano chilies and mash the potatoes with the back of a spoon or in a mixer. Season with salt. Rough mash is fine. Remove from heat.
- For each corn tortillas, place 1/4 ounce of pepper jack cheese on one-half and place 1/4 cup of the potato filling; sprinkle another 1/4 ounce of cheese and fold the tortilla in half. Push down on the tortilla to ensure the filling is evenly spread. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- In a dry hot skillet over medium heat, toast filled tortillas on both sides, about 1 minute on each side. Cut in half and serve.