Servings: 6 (click to scale)
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 3 oz dry kidney beans
- 3 oz dry navy beans
- 5 oz yellow onions diced
- 7 oz portobello mushrooms
- 3 oz carrots diced
- 3 oz red bell peppers chopped
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/3 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp kosher salt
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Soak beans in water in a bowl overnight then drain water. Cover beans in a pot with water. Bring to a simmer and cook until beans are tender. Drain excess water and reserve beans.
- Trim and discard tough parts of stems from Portobello mushrooms. Use a spoon to scrape ribs out from the inside of mushrooms. Dice mushrooms. Heat oil in a pot. Add onions, mushrooms, carrots, and bell pepper. Cook until vegetables are softened.
- Stir in cayenne, chili powder, and cumin. Continue cooking until spices are fragrant.
- Stir in salt, crushed tomatoes and vegetable broth. Bring up to a simmer and cook for 20-30 minutes. Stir in beans and cook until heated through. Serve warm.
This recipe originally appeared on the FLIK Blog.
Calories: 173kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 5g | Sodium: 500mg | Fiber: 8g