Servings: 4 (click to scale)
- 1/4 oz fresh ginger root minced
- 1/4 oz fresh garlic clove chopped
- 1 Tbsp sriracha hot chili sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 10 oz boneless, skinless pork roast trimmed
- 1/2 cup fresh carrots julienne sliced
- 1/2 cup daikon radish cut into matchsticks
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha hot chili sauce
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 8 each Bao bun dough 2 oz. each
- 8 each fresh cilantro sprigs
- To make pork – Mix together ginger, garlic, chili sauce, and water. Simmer ingredients for 15 minutes. Chill.Marinate pork in refrigerator overnight. Discard leftover marinade. Roast pork until an internal temperature of 155*F has been attained.
- To make pickled veggies – While pork is marinating, toss daikon, and carrot with salt. Allow to sit for 3 minutes in a strainer, tossing occasionally to help rid excess water. Place carrots and daikon in a non-reactive container.Whisk together warm water and sugar until sugar has dissolved. Stir in vinegar. Pour pickling liquid over carrots and daikon and allow them to marinate over night.
- To make sriracha mayo – Combine the mayo and sriracha in mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Steam bao buns according to package directions for 5 minutes then fill each steamed bun with: sliced pork, pickled vegetables, and sriracha light mayo. Garnish each with a cilantro sprig.
Recipe originally posted on Flik blog.
Calories: 495kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 530mg | Fiber: 2g