In partnership with Oldways, we have made a variety of Mediterranean recipes available here on our website. We hope you enjoy them just as much as we do! This penne with tomatoes and basil recipe is a classic pasta dish that is surely satisfying.
- 8 oz whole wheat penne pasta
- 2 cups fresh grape tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1 cloves fresh garlic peeled and chopped
- 1 cup canned cannellini beans, low sodium drained and rinsed
- 4 oz grated Romano cheese
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 gallon boiling water
- Boil the water and add the pasta. Cook stirring frequently about. 7-10 minutes. Drain the pasta and set aside.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and set aside. In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, drizzle in the olive oil and allow to heat for 1-2 minutes. Add the garlic, and beans. toss to combine and cook for 1-2 minutes. Next add the tomatoes, and basil. Add the pasta, 2 oz of cheese and season with salt and pepper. Toss to incorporate the ingredients and allow to heat through 2-4 minutes. Top with remaining 2 oz cheese.