Sweet peach compote with rich ricotta cheese on whole wheat toast, finished with cinnamon and sage.
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh sage chopped
- 4 oz part skim ricotta cheese
- 8 oz peaches medium
- 1/8 tsp arrowroot flour
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup warm water
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Peel, de-seed and dice the peaches into bite sized pieces.
- Combine all of the compote ingredients in a saucepan and cook over medium-high heat until the liquid has reduced and the peaches are softened (12-15 minutes).
- Stir occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool. Store any leftover compote in the fridge.
- If possible, use artisanal whole wheat loaves, sliced to about 1 inch thick. Toast the bread. Spread 2 Tbsp of ricotta on the toast, sprinkle 1/8 Tbsp of cinnamon and finish with ¼ cup of peach compote. Sprinkle with sage.