Sweet peach compote with rich ricotta cheese on whole wheat toast, finished with cinnamon and sage.
Servings: 4 (click to scale)
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh sage chopped
- 4 oz part skim ricotta cheese
- 8 oz peaches medium
- 1/8 tsp arrowroot flour
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup warm water
- Peel, de-seed and dice the peaches into bite sized pieces.
- Combine all of the compote ingredients in a saucepan and cook over medium-high heat until the liquid has reduced and the peaches are softened (12-15 minutes).
- Stir occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool. Store any leftover compote in the fridge.
- If possible, use artisanal whole wheat loaves, sliced to about 1 inch thick. Toast the bread. Spread 2 Tbsp of ricotta on the toast, sprinkle 1/8 Tbsp of cinnamon and finish with ¼ cup of peach compote. Sprinkle with sage.
Calories: 260kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 230mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 18g