Servings: 10 (click to scale)
- 8 tsp low sodium chicken base
- 3 each fresh carrots
- 2 each fresh celery
- 2 each garlic minced
- 6 cup button mushrooms sliced
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 each yellow onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup wild rice uncooked
- 3 cup water
- 3 Tbsp fresh thyme chopped
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Place rice in a pot with water and bring to a boil; lower heat to simmer and cook until 1/3 of grains are popped and rice is tender, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely chop carrots and celery. In a large stockpot over medium-high heat, add oil. Sauté carrots, garlic, celery, and onion for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes, or until they give off most of their liquid. Add the thyme and stir to incorporate.
- Add base and bring to a boil, stirring to combine. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, then add cooked rice. Finally, stir in the soy sauce.
Calories: 130kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 3g | Sodium: 190mg | Fiber: 3g
Tried this recipe?Mention @We.Eat.Live.Do.Well or tag #WeEatLiveDoWell!