Servings: 8 (click to scale)
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 2 oz yellow onion diced
- 1 tsp garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 lb canned crushed tomatoes including liquid
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 1/2 lb fresh button mushrooms chopped fine
- 6 oz yellow onion chopped fine
- 6 oz green bell peppers chopped fine
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 lb 80/20 ground beef
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 each eggs beaten
- 2/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 6 sprays cooking spray
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- To prepare tomato sauce: Heat first listed oil in a pot. Sauté first listed onions and garlic until translucent. Add paprika and first listed cumin and cinnamon. Cook until fragrant. Stir in crushed tomatoes and water. Simmer for 20 minutes. Add salt and first listed cilantro and parsley to sauce. Hold sauce hot until ready to use.
- To prepare "meatballs": Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Heat second listed oil in a sauté pan. Sauté mushrooms, second listed onions and peppers until all liquid is cooked out of vegetables. Add second listed cumin and cinnamon and continue cooking until fragrant.In a bowl, combine sautéed vegetable mixture, beef, parsley, cilantro, egg and breadcrumbs until evenly mixed. Portion mixture into a 2 tbsp portion and roll into balls. Place meatballs on a sheet tray prepared with nonstick cooking spray. Bake meatballs in oven until golden brown and cooked through, about 15-20 minutes. Serve with reserved tomato sauce.
Recipe provided by Flik.
Calories: 260kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 470mg | Fiber: 4g
Tried this recipe?Mention @We.Eat.Live.Do.Well or tag #WeEatLiveDoWell!
Leave a Reply