Servings: 4 (click to scale)
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 each bay leaves
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger root minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp cumin seed
- 1 Tbsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 1 tsp dried oregano crumbled
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Tbsp Tamarind Paste
- 1 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes no added salt
- 2 cups fresh sweet potato peeled and diced
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup kidney beans canned, drained, rinsed
- 2 oranges peeled and diced
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Place the oil in a pot over medium-high heat. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the bay leaves, cumin seeds, garam masala, fenugreek seeds, oregano, rosemary, and turmeric, and cook, stirring for about 2 minutes.
- Add the tamarind paste, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, and water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the kidney beans and oranges and cook for 2 minutes to heat through. Turn the heat off, cover with a lid and let sit for 10 minutes. Remove the bay leaves and serve.
Serve with steamed basmati rice.
Calories: 290kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 420mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 14g