Purchasing local products has been a critical part of Compass Group’s purchasing philosophy for years. We are proud to support the communities where we live, work and operate our businesses.
Now we are expanding our local purchasing to include BIPOC Farmers. Our goal is to expand our network of local suppliers while simultaneously lifting up our community farmers. If you are not familiar with the term, BIPOC is an acronym for Black / Indigenous / People of Color. Compass Group has several programs and incubators to grow our network of diverse suppliers, and is focused on bringing more BIPOC farmers and their produce into our accounts. More importantly, these partnerships are bringing amazing produce into your kitchens.
- 2 cups ricotta cheese whole milk
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil minced
- 1 tsp fresh oregano chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves, crushed
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest grated fine
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 oz extra virgin olive oil
- 2 each baguette 4oz
- 1 lb heirloom tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh English cucumbers sliced
- ½ cup fresh radish slices
- 1/4 cup fresh serrano peppers seeded 1/4” sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh red onions thin slivered
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil minced
All produce should be rinsed and scrubbed
- In a small bowl combine the ricotta cheese with basil, fresh oregano, spices, zest and thyme. Set aside.
- In another small bowl whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt.
- Toss the sliced tomatoes, cucumbers, serrano pepper slices, radishes, and onions in the dressing.
- For each salad first spread 1/4 cup of the herb ricotta mix on the bottom of the bowl or plate. Top with 1 cup of the combined tomato salad mix. Drop an additional 1/4 cup of ricotta cheese blend in small balls on top.
- Garnish with 1 tsp of fresh torn basil.
- Pre-heat oven to 350º F.
- Slice each demi baguette into 4 each angle cut slices. Place the sliced bread ona parchment lined sheet tray.
- Drizzle the olive oil equally over the top of the bread. Place the sheet tray in the oven and bake for 5 – 7 minutes or until toast points are browned.
- Serve each salad with 2 each toast points.