Servings: 4 (click to scale)
- 14 oz tri-color quinoa dry
- 1 qt boiling water
- 12 oz fresh red beets peeled, cubed
- 1 1/3 cup boiling water
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger root minced
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 6 oz avocados cubed
- 1 1/3 oz fresh scallions sliced thin
- 2 1/2 oz fresh cucumbers peeled, diced
- 2 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp jalapeno peppers chopped
- 2 tsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 oz edamame frozen, shelled
- 2 oz fresh carrot matchstick cut
- 3 1/2 oz fresh pineapple diced
- 2 oz fresh radish sliced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- Wash all produce before prepping. Bring the first amount of water to a boil and add quinoa, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and stand covered for 10 minutes before fluffing with a fork. Hold hot for service. Peel and cut beets into 1/2″ cubes.
- Place pan over medium high heat and add beets, 2nd amount water and oil. Once water steams, cover and cook. Stir as needed until beets are tender but still hold their shape, about 10 – 12 minutes. Uncover and add ginger, salt and pepper, stir until fragrant. Remove from heat.
- Make dressing: Add avocado, green onions, cucumbers, lime juice, jalapenos, rice vinegar, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and second amount of salt to a high-speed blender. Process on high until blended and creamy.
- To assemble bowls: Add 1 cup (5 ounces) quinoa to bowl. Top clockwise to show each ingredient (do not stack ingredients) with 3 ounces of beets, 1.5 ounces edamame, 0.5 ounce of carrots, 1.5 ounces of pineapple, 0.5 ounce radish. Serve with 2oz. drizzle of Hawaiian poke dressing to complete dish.
Recipe provided by The Humane Society of the United States.
Calories: 550kcal | Carbohydrates: 94g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 1.5g | Sodium: 400mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 18g