Servings: 4 (click to scale)
- 1/3 cup quinoa dry
- 2/3 cup water
- 7 1/2 oz canned garbanzo beans low sodium
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 oz Kalamata olives pitted, chopped
- 2 oz fresh cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1/2 oz fresh parsley chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh red onions minced
- 1 1/3 oz fresh lemon juice
- 4 each fresh zucchini
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- Wash produce before prepping. Pre-heat grill to medium high. Add quinoa to water and bring to a boil on the stove. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes before fluffing with a fork. Chill rapidly to make filling.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked quinoa with beans, vinegar, salt & pepper, garlic powder, olives, tomatoes, parsley, onion and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise, gently scrape seeds out of center. Brush each with oil. Sprinkle each half with salt. Place face down on hot grill. Cook each side for about 5-8 minutes total, until zucchini is tender. Should still have a bite to it.
- To finish, fill the center of each grilled zucchini boat with quinoa mixture.
Recipe provided by The Humane Society of the United States.
Calories: 200kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 670mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 7g