Servings: 8 (click to scale)
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 each eggplant
- 4 each Portobello mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup yellow onion julienne sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh tomatoes medium diced, 1/2"
- 4 tsp fresh lime juice
Click the button to go to Instacart where we have prepared a cart with all the ingredients you’ll need! As a bonus, we will receive a small portion of any sales to support our mission of wellness and sustainability.
- In a bowl, mix together chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, chipotle powder, black pepper and salt. Divide in half, reserve.
- Remove top from eggplant and cut in half. Score cut side of the eggplant with diagonal crisscross cuts about 1" inch apart, leaving the skin intact.Brush tops of Portobello mushrooms and cut side of eggplant with oil. Sprinkle HALF of the seasoning mix on the top of the mushroom caps AND eggplant, making sure seasoning gets into cuts in eggplant.Place mushrooms and eggplant on a hot grill until charred, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from grill.
- Layer onions and tomatoes in the bottom of a 9X13 baking dish. Sprinkle with HALF of the REMAINING seasoning mix (1/4). Place charred eggplant (cut side up) on top of the onions and tomatoes. Then place the Portobello caps on top of the eggplant. Sprinkle remaining seasoning (1/4) on the mushroom caps. Seal the baking dish tightly with aluminum foil, bake at 350F degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil from pan and slice Portobello mushrooms in half then into very thin strips and reserve. Remove and discard skin from eggplants. Shred eggplant with two forks and mix with onions and tomatoes. Stir in sliced mushrooms, lime juice and salt.
- Serve with tortilla and other fillings of choice.
Recipe provided by Flik.
Calories: 70kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 440mg | Fiber: 3g