We’re excited to share this combo of tacos (an old fave!) with one of the most ancient whole grains, freekeh. It may be a new food for you, but freekeh is derived from the Middle East and has been around for centuries. It has a chewy and nutty flavor and packed with nutritional benefits.
- 16 oz Grilled Tilapia
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 4 oz Freekeh
- 7/8 cup Water
- 8 ea 6" Corn Tortilla
- 1/2 cup Diced Tomatoes
- 2 oz Queso Fresco Mexican Cheese
- 1 cup Shredded Red Cabbage
- 1 tbsp Cilantro Fresh, Chopped
- 8 ea Lime Wedge
- 8 ea Green Onions Each, Bias Cut
- 4 sprays Cooking Spray
- Prepare all of the vegetables. Set aside.
- Stovetop: Bring water to a boil. Stir in Freekeh, reduce heat and simmer covered for 20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Next, pre-heat grill, making sure the grill is extremely hot. Lightly spray each fillet with the cooking spray. Season one side of each fillet with the Cajun seasoning. Grill on each side 2-3 minutes or until the fish is opaque.
- Remove from the grill and prepare the taco. Divide the cabbage evenly between the tortilla shells. Top with 2 oz tilapia, 1 Tbsp. tomatoes, 2 Tbsp. freekeh and 1/4 oz crumbled Queso fresco. Garnish with cilantro and 1 sliced scallion each. Serve immediately.