These twice baked potatoes are stuffed with spinach, feta, garlic and oregano. Great compliment to grilled chicken or steak!
Servings: 8 (click to scale)
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh yellow onion diced
- 1 lb fresh spinach chopped
- 3 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh oregano chopped
- 1/3 cup fat free cream cheese
- 3/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 40 oz fresh russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400F.Pierce potatoes in several places with a fork. Bake directly on the center rack until tender, 50 to 60 minutes. Let stand until cool enough to handle.Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 2 to 4 minutes. Add spinach, garlic and oregano; cook, stirring, until hot, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat.Reduce oven temperature to 375F.Cut the potatoes in half and scoop the insides into a bowl. Place the skins in a 9-by-13-inch pan. Add cream cheese, pepper and salt to the bowl. Beat with a hand mixer or mash with a potato masher until smooth. Stir in the spinach mixture and feta. Stuff each potato skin with about 3/4 cup of the filling.
- Top each with 1 tablespoon of the remaining feta.Bake until the filling is steaming and the feta is browned, 25 to 35 minutes.
Portion: 1/2 each
Calories: 200kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 330mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.