Our flourless honey-almond cake is a delicious sugar-free dessert. With only 8 ingredients, this recipe is simple, yet delightful. Enjoy!
Servings: 10 (click to scale)
- 1-3/4 cups ground almonds
- 4 each egg
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds toasted
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 9-inch spring form pan with cooking spray. Line the bottom with parchment paper and spray the paper.
- Beat egg yolks, honey, vanilla, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer (or use a paddle attachment on a stand mixer) on medium speed until well combined. Add the ground almonds and beat on low until combined.
- Beat egg whites in another large bowl with the electric mixer (use clean beaters on a hand-held mixer or the whisk attachment on a stand mixer) on medium speed until very foamy, white and doubled in volume, but not stiff enough to hold peaks, 1 to 2 minutes (depending on the type of mixer). Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the egg whites into the nut mixture until just combined. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake the cake until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean, 25 to 28 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the pan and gently remove the side ring. Let cool completely.
- If desired, remove the cake from the pan bottom by gently sliding a large, wide spatula between the cake and the parchment paper. Carefully transfer the cake to a serving platter. To serve, drizzle the top of the cake with honey and sprinkle with sliced almonds.
Portion: 1 slice
Calories: 230kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 210mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 0g
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.